David Gange - The Frayed Atlantic Edge - August 2020
August 2020 - David Gange - The Frayed Atlantic Edge
Tim catches up with the author and historian David Gange about his solo sea-kayak odyssey along the wildest shores of these Isles, the adventure which became the incredible book 'The Frayed Atlantic Edge'.
They covered a lot of ground including:
- how David doesn't understand tents,
- bumping into a whale side-on in a giant swell,
- why poets get to the essence of a subject,
- grappling with the Ethics Committee over Health & Safety,
- the advantages of waterbourne bedragglement,
- how reading books outdoors stays with you longer,
- the damage 'progress' caused coastal communities,
- what kind of cheese survives best in a kayak!
- and much much more...